What is your opinion of the D.A.R.T. Program?
Get Help With Your Essay
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."
Read/Watch the following:
1. When Officers Die: Understanding Deadly Domestic Violence Calls for Service- http://www.ncdsv.org/images/PC_WhenOfficersDieUnderstandingDeadlyDVCallsForService_5-2011.pdf
2. Us vs. Them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aevrVzymeOA
3. Morrison Report (Attached)
Discussion 3 Questions:
1. List the three most significant things you learned (or key points) from the Morrison Report, “Layers of Meaning…” research report.
o Rank them in order of importance and explain why you put each one in that order.
2. Based on the conclusions this report makes, do you think police attitudes have changed over the last twenty years? Explain.
o If this study was done again in 2020, what changes would be evident? List at least two and explain why.
3. Pretend that you are in charge of conducting a new law enforcement study related to domestic violence this year.
o Describe the goal of your study/research.
o List three approaches that you would do and describe why they are important.
4. What is your opinion of the D.A.R.T. Program?
o List two specific reasons why D.A.R.T. is beneficial.
o List your two recommendations for increasing the effectiveness of law enforcement’s response to domestic violence.
5. Is officer involved domestic violence an issue (police officer’s as abusers in their private life)? Support your position with research.
6. Review the Roll Call video, and address the following:
o List the three most important things you learned (or three key points) from the video. Explain why each one is important.
o Evaluate and analyze the effectiveness of this video as a training resource. For example, will it promote a more effective police response to domestic violence? Why or why not?
7. Review the 12 minute film, “Us vs. Them” and explain how the approach presented could be applied to domestic violence and police response.
o Include an analysis of how the video approach relates and applies to a police response to domestic violence.