Discuss how the problem of Medicare fraud may be reduced.
Get Help With Your Essay
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."
1) Critically review the VW emissions scandal. What happened and why? Discuss both criminaland civil liability. In terms of both, criminal and civil applications, discuss the hurdles faced by the government in pursuing this case.
2) Interest rates for basic savings accounts range from 2%-to almost nothing. Therefore, many people choose to invest in the stock market in hopes of interest rates 5% and up, or at least they did prior to CoVid 19 when they were still employed. Therefore, most investors are looking for advice. What is the difference in searching for expert advice and insider trading? Be sure to illustrate with examples from your course materials.
3) Apparently, we did not learn from the S&L crisis of the 1980’s, and in 2008 the financial impact of the sub-prime mortgage crisis leads to a national recession. If helping more people own homes, part of the American dream, is a good social policy, explain why the financial results can be catastrophic. This is a good opportunity to compare and contrast the CJS responseto frauds associated with the S&L crisis to those linked to the sub-prime mortgage collapse.
4) Medical doctors work within one of the most trusted, prestigious professions in the U.S. Using your course materials illustrate how WCC can affect this area. Use the internet to locate a current case study for comparison purposes. On a related issue discuss how the problem of Medicare fraud may be reduced.
5) Describe how perpetrators commit Identity Theft, and present advice on how citizens can reduce the chances of victimization. What are the possible consequences of being a victim? Once victimized, how can the parties reduce the damage? Lastly, does Identity Theft fit within your working definition of WCC or does this belong in a different conceptual category? Explain.
6) In terms of explaining WCC, there are several criminological perspectives that might apply. These include the following theories: Rational Choice, Techniques of Neutralization, Social Learning Theory, Conflict theory, Strain Theory, and Psychopathy. In your opinion, which perspective best explains WCC? As an alternative, which combination of perspectives is best? Be sure to reference course materials as you illustrate your points.
7) Suppose one of your colleagues asks you about a career after graduation in an area that specializes in WCC work. What advice would you give them about preparation? What specific agency/agencies should they consider applying to? What can they expect in terms of the type work they would do?
8) So, what do we do to prevent or at least control WCC? Be sure to include ideas from BOTH the CJS and the private/business sectors. As always, be sure to reference your course materials toillustrate your points.
9) Construct a research proposal on how you would gather more information regarding a topic related to WCC. Remember that the usual research methods used in Criminology are analysis of existing data, interviews, and surveys. Be specific in terms of your topic and methods.