Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
• Background information (Global, regional and local disease or health burden including morbidity/mortality). What is the incidence and prevalence of the disease in the specific country chosen?
• What are the epidemiologic trends of the disease or health problem?
• What are the proximal risk factors for this disease or health problem? What are the distal risk factors for this health problem? (e.g., culture, poverty, women’s status, climate change)
• Propose one intervention strategy for this health condition
• What operational aspects of this intervention will you collect?
• What potential challenges do you see in implementing this intervention?
• How will you evaluate the efficacy of this intervention? What outcomes will you measure and how?
Why it worked (Lessons learned): What factors lead to the success/failure of this
Was it culturally appropriate?
Made use of local knowledge?
Was sufficiently funded?
Had government support?
Engaged key stakeholders (e.g. patient advocates)?
Integrated into existing programs?
Engaged new donors?
Financing: How much did the intervention cost? Which actors contributed funds and
how much? Who will pay for the intervention in the future?