Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Watch the film Training Day (2001). After you view the movie, please respond to the below questions.
1. Why might sociologists be interested in investigating social networks that exist in organizations?
2. Why are the police a good or bad organization to study?
3. How does being a member of a racialized and oppressed population in the United States influence the interactions one might have with police officers? Why might these populations distrust the police?
4. Does this factor into Alonzo’s deviant behavior? Other deviant behavior witnessed?
5. How do you think the community in which a person grows up influences that personâ€™s likelihood of becoming a deviant in society?
6.Does this factor into the deviant behavior seen in this film?
7. Is it possible for police to be law-abiding when confronted by crimes and offenders constantly? why or why not.