Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
For the training, create an informative presentation that differentiates between effective and ineffective visual and textual communications, analyzes why, and provides examples.
Choose Training Option 1 or 2 to select your focus for the training.
Create a Microsoft PowerPoint or Sway Presentation with 8 to 12 slides.
Training Option 1:
• Provide an example of documentation with ineffective visual and textual elements.
• Analyze the ineffective visual and textual example by including the following:
• Discuss why the visual and textual elements are problematic.
• Construct the steps necessary to fix the issues.
• Explain the rationale behind these recommendations and how they would improve the document.
• Explain how the recommendations would help the audience receive the communication more clearly.
• Using the recommendations discussed, present the revised example of the visual and textual elements, and include the additional analysis:
• Discuss how this methodology could be used for other topics.
• Integrate the use of Kaushik’s algorithm/checklist.
Training Option 2:
• Locate a publicly available data set or use your own data.
• Using the data:
• Share a story.
• Using the same data, now share a DIFFERENT story.
• Use visualization tools of your choice to share your stories, such as Excel or Canva, and plug these in within your training presentation.
• Compare and contrast the different stories created.
• Analyze the data visualization and the process by including the additional analysis points within your training:
• Examine the choice for the specific chart/visualization types used for each story.
• Explain and examine potential problems each story may present.
• Present ethical implications of technical communication and data storytelling.
• Discuss who or what can support with verification that data storytelling is accurate.
• Share steps on how individuals might frame the data and the story to accurately represent reality. Why would this approach be more effective?
• Share the importance of representing data accurately.
For either option that is chosen, please include all the information in a way that will communicate best practices to your team. Additionally, include an introduction, agenda, and closing for the training.
Cite at least 2 sources beyond your textbook, including the sources for the data, to support your assignment.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.