Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Current Menu Analysis
Analyze the menu included based on the following criteria and provide rationales for your analysis:
1. Healthy/unhealthy menu selections with rationale
2. Appropriate for nutritional requirements of age group with rationale
3. The influence of cultural and regional food practice with rationale
4. Does the menu selected provide adequate amounts of protein, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals?
5. Over the course of a full day and week, are individuals provided with a balanced diet?
6. Does this diet allow for differences in dietary patterns related to the culture or age?
Create Sample Menu
Create a single day’s replacement menu providing healthier choices for each menu analyzed, including the following:
1. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner options.
2. Age considerations, potential health concerns, cultural influences, and regional patterns.
3. Nutritional components of your food choices.
4. Explanation of why the sample menus are better nutritional options for both facilities.
5. 2 reference citations that support your choices.
1. Compare each original sample menu with its corresponding replacement menu
2. Explain why the sample menu is a better nutritional option for the facility.
3. Provides at least two references that support your choices.
1. Detail a barrier to optimal nutritional value of meal plans
2. Detail a second barrier to optimal nutritional value of meal plans
3. Detail a third barrier to optimal nutritional value of meal plans
Barriers may include:
-Health of the population
-Culture of the population and surrounding community
-Available food choices
-Other barriers, as identified
-Include reference citations to support key points, as needed
1. Select one identified barrier and present three client education points to assist the individuals responsible for meal planning create healthier options.
2. Considers the cultural comorbidities that may be present
3. Includes references to support key points
1. Summarizes key points
2. Comment about what you have learned from the assignment
3. Shares application for nursing practice