Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
This reaction paper specifically focuses on the research paper by Baldwin et al., 2019: Social-Cognitive Conceptualization of Attachment Working Models: Availability and Accessibility Effects, attached below.
The goal of the assignment is to exhibit the following skills:
-Comprehension (read and explain scientific research within Social Cognition)
-Critical thinking (evaluate the research methodology and/ or the interpretation of social cognition data and the conclusions drawn from it)
-Creativity (apply the research by connecting the findings/ theory to yourself personally, and/ or propose ays in which they are relevant to society as a whole).
-Knowledge building- (connect the current paper to other psychological research or concepts discussed in this class or elsewhere).
-APA 7 format
-approx. 900-1000 words (excluding title page and references)
General Guideline: The first part of the reaction paper is about demonstrating good comprehension of the content of the chosen article. The second part is about going above and beyond that content and elaborating on it in ways that are meaningful to YOU. These need to be novel ideas that you come up with; they should not come from the article itself or from other sources. You are the source.
-APA 7-style title page
-APA7 style body including:
-Brief summary of the research (ALL of the following):
-purpose, methodology, findings, interpretation and conclusion (s)
(Note: if the paper presents multiple studies, you do not need to explain all studies in detail. Focus on the one(s) you are reacting to. For the one(s) you choose, summarize all of the above (four) components.
– Your opinion/ reaction to the research in terms of TWO of the following:
1. Critical evaluation of the methodology: what do you think about the design of the study? The materials used? The participants? The measurements/ the data collection?
2. Critical evaluation of the interpretation and conclusions: what do you think about how the researchers interpreted their data? What about the conclusions they drew from it? Can you provide alternative interpretations/ conclusions?
3. Connection to other social cognition research: how does the current paper relate to other psychological research, theories, or concepts you are familiar with (either discussed in this class or elsewhere)?
3. Connection to self: how do you see this research relating to your own experience? Can you identify ways in which you can apply it in your own life?
4. Discussion of implications for real life and/ or society: what is the significance of this research? How is it relevant to real life situations and society at large?