Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Article: Attached STAT new article PDF.
Paragraph 1: In a paragraph, provide a summary of the article beginning with the purpose of the article and ending with the conclusion. This section MUST be a full paragraph and consist of 4-5 complete sentences. Make sure to mention the article’s main findings.
Paragraph 2: In a second paragraph, write a reaction in which you evaluate the article by including each of the following:
1. Why would it be important to use random sampling when conducting serosurveys? Explain your thinking. Which big validity is this concerning?
2. Give an example of convenience sampling from the article (practice paraphrasing in your own words).
3. Give an example of cluster sampling from the article (practice paraphrasing in your own words).
4. Which example of sampling from the article would likely be the most generalizable to the United States population (practice paraphrasing in your own words)? Explain your thinking – consider the population, the type of sampling, etc.
5. What are at least 3 obstacles to achieving representative/generalizable serology surveys? Explain your thinking.
Paragraph 3: In a final paragraph, write a reaction to the reading including at least 2 of the following (make sure to provide examples and show effort!):
1. Questions the reading stimulated you to have.
2. Things you didn’t understand coupled with a descriiption of your confusion.
3. Things that surprised you and why.
4. Things you would like to discuss with your fellow students.
5. Ideas for a possible application you come up with as a result of the reading.
6. Links you made between the reading and an idea or theme in a movie you have seen or book you have read, a popular-press article, material you have discussed in another class, etc.
7. Anything else interesting you can discuss to expand upon the reading.
Correct grammar and spelling is important – so make sure to read over your work!!!
If your journal is longer than 3 paragraphs, there is no deduction. HOWEVER, points will be deducted if your journal is less than 3 paragraphs or demonstrates minimal effort.
Please follow the rubric attached. The paper MUST be written in 3 paragraphs.