Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
– Remember to act with kindness and integrity. There is no room for hateful speech (see syllabus for more information on what qualifies as hateful speech).
– You must write in COMPLETE sentences. Remember, you want to show effort in your responses. Your replies should be thoughtful and should demonstrate that you understand the material. However, if you have questions, you can always ask here if you’d like!
– Open-ended questions must be answered within 4-5 sentences. Points will be taken off for not completing this requirement.
– Yes-No questions may occur, but generally will not. If there is a yes-no question, a simple yes or no is sufficient to answer the question.
This week, we learned about Simple Experiments. I’m going to describe an experiment below, and I just want you to identify the independent variable(s), dependent variable, and any control variables. Then, tell me what you think the results might be!
Experiment: A researcher designs a study to investigate the impact of parental education on children’s reading ability. The researcher asks participants (the parents) their education level (e.g., high school, some college, bachelor’s, etc.), their gender, age, and child’s gender.
1. What is the IV?
2. What is the DV?
3. What are some potential control variables?
4. What do you think the results of the study will be?