Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
This week, we learned toxicology, plate tectonics, environmental hazards, the rock cycle, and
contagious diseases. For your Unit 3 Complete assignment, write a narrative essay (minimum 1000
words) in which you address and discuss the questions and statements listed below. Use at least
three scholarly sources and remember to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the READ and
ATTEND sections in your essay. Cite your sources in APA format.
1. Discuss the four major types of environmental health hazards. Where does BPA fit in these
categories and how can you get exposed to it? Discuss the precautionary principle.
2. Many people across the world die from exposure to infectious diseases. Why are the numbers so
much higher in developing countries as they are in developed countries?
3. In what ways does affluence affect the natural environment compared to how poverty affects the
4. Differentiate between an LD50 and an ED50 response to toxicity.
5. Thoroughly describe the rock cycle and tectonic plate movement.
6. Why are minerals so important? Why is there such an issue getting consumers to recycling them?
7. Explain how scientist identify and assess risk.