Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
The personal statement should be three pages in length, double-spaced.
Your statement should address the following:
• The academic, professional, and personal development that has motivated you to apply to STM and the Ph.D. in Theology and Education. How has your education and/or experience impacted your discernment?
• Your understanding of theological education and ministry in the context of the Church’s mission, as well as the role and responsibilities of a theologian and/or educator today?
• How you plan to apply your theological education.
• Information outlining your specific area and field of academic interest, a proposed topic(s) for your research and dissertation, how your previous academic, professional, and/or pastoral experience has prepared you for studies within that particular field, and the STM faculty member(s) with whom you would like to work.
• Given your experience, how you assess your principal strengths for theological education and/or ministry as well as your areas of needed development
1000 words and 3 pages double line spacing, 12 font size