1. This is part two of the assignment is literature review and critique.
2. For this part of the assignment, please conduct a literature review as it pertains to your
areas of interest that could be used for a research project.
3. Attach the problem statement you submitted earlier in this course
4. Identify and choose five (5) journal articles to read and review about the selected research
problem, then write a succinct 1-double spaced page summary review of each article
incorporating the main points and address the following questions that appear below.
For each article, please answer the following questions (questions 1-7):
1. What is the research problem and/or research question addressed in the article?
2. What is the theory, framework, or research cited in the article to support the study?
3. Identify the research population, sampling frame, sampling procedure, and sample size?
4. Describe the research design (e.g. exploratory, explanatory, or descriptive and explain
how do you know that), unit of analysis (who was sampled), and methodology (was it
experimental, survey, single case, etc.).
5. Discuss the study findings in relation to the research question or hypothesis: What are the
main findings? Do the findings respond directly to research question or hypothesis?
6. Critique the research in relation to its strengths, limitations, ethical and issues related to
diversity- fairness and non-biased. Is this study rigorous, please explain?
7. In the conclusion, discuss the following:
a. What do we currently “understand” about the problem?
b. What did you learn from this, and did it change your mind about the problem?
c. What are any gaps in our current understanding and how do these gaps prevent us
from making progress on this social problem?
d. What kind of research study would you propose to conduct that would help to fill
this gap in our understanding of this social problem?
e. What might be your (preliminary) research question or hypothesis?
Writing and Submission Instructions
1. Please write the question and the question number you are addressing and address each
2. This paper will be written according to the APA, 7th edition guidelines.
3. Include title page according to APA style, 7th edition.
4. Page Margin: margins should be set at 1” all around.
5. Page limit: 5-7 double-spaced pages, references excluded. Note that I am not a stickler for page length- this may vary depending on your writing style, just be sure to cover all of the components of the assignment.
6. The body paragraphs should be aligned to the left margin or left-justified, with a .5” indent at the beginning of each new paragraph.
7. Font: Times New Roman font, and 12-point font size.
8. Page numbering should follow the APA writing style.
9. Follow all other APA writing guidelines. Instructions on APA writing format for papers are available on https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/), and also in the American Psychological Association, 7th ed. Publication manual of the American Psychological Association. Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association that also appears under recommended texts in your syllabus. Points will be deducted for not using APA style guidelines.
10. Please submit the assignment under the Literature Review dropbox located under the Assignments tab on the left column on the course page in Blackboard.
digital_copies_of_sources_used = 0
plagiarism = 0
pref_writer = 0
urgent_writer_assign = 0
version = 4; Technical line. Don’t touch!