Evaluation of the Raw Material (Inbound Logistics) of Nucor Steel USA using desktop research, interviews and/or questionnaires. To be completed in United Kingdom English and referencing formation is Harvard-Anglia.
Identification of the type of system currently used (include the tools and theories applied by Nucor, where applicable). Use a minimum of two tools to analyse the inbound logistics (SCORE analysis must be one) and then narrow it down to pig iron and relate it to the shortfall of pig iron in the US market and what Nucor is and can do to counteract that.
Consideration must be given to the geopolitical situation, the war in Ukraine, the pandemic
Recommendations for improvement given the current business cycle; environmental, social and corporate governance and external factors such as the Covid-19 pandemic and the ongoing war in Ukraine.
Key texts to be cited are:
– Chopra and Meindl, Supply Chain Management 5th Edition
– Chopra and Meindl, Supply Chain Management 6th Edition
– Martin Christopher, Logistics and Supply Chain Management 5th Edition
– Rausch-Plan and Siegfried 2022, Sustainable Supply Chain Management
– Hokey Min 2015, The essentials of Supply Chain Management
– Dimitri Ivanov, Introduction to Supply Chain Resilience
– Longshore and Cheatham 2022, Managing Logistics Systems
– Meredith and Shafer, Operations and Supply Chain Management for MBAs 6th Edition
– Harrison and van Hoek, Logistics Management and Strategy 3rd Edition